This project is read-only.

Option to hide program icon

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Thank you for this simple yet wonderful program.
That being said, please consider adding an option to hide the program icon when KeepAliveHD is minimized to system tray.
Thanks again.
Jan 5, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Hi maddoxx,

how would you expect to get the user interface back if even the try icon is hidden?

Also newer windows versions hide the icon already on its own - is this not enough?

Can you explain what you would like to see?

Regards - HacMac
Jan 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM
To get the UI back you would just have to "re-open" the program, like double-clicking the desktop shortcut.

Yes, it hides the icon, but I just don't like to see dozens of icons of applications hidden in the notification area. In my case, I only need to configure KeepAliveHD once and then I can forget about it. I don't see the need to have the icon there, and if I have many icons there it's also sometimes confusing to find what I want.

Another option would be to install the software as a system service, like someone already suggested.

I don't know if you are familiar with StartIsGone (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.215), which is a little app that removes the start button on Windows 8.1. On v2.0 the dev added an option to the software that is essentially the same thing I'm asking here ("Added tray context menu option to hide the tray icon").

Anyways, this is just something that would make the program perfect for me, and perhaps for other people as well, but the program is perfectly fine as it is. It was merely a suggestion.
Mar 29, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Hi, I second this feature request. I also wish to hide the KeepAlive icon from the notification tray. If I need to configure it (which I never do) then all I need to do is access the application through the start menu, Cheers :-)
Jan 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Two years later, but I third this request.